There was a lot of buzz when bajaj announced launch of their bike Bajaj V which is made from scrap metal of INS Vikrant, Indian first aircraft carrier, that which played a major role during the 1970 Indo-Pak War. Now finally in Auto expo bajaj has launched Bajaj V which looks pretty good and according to Bajaj it would change the experience of daily commuters.
INS Vikrant was commissioned as the first aircraft carrier of Indian Navy in 1961. INS Vikrant played a major role in Indo-pak war in 1971 and always did a tremendous job. After years of distinguished and amazing service, government decided that it would be decommissioned in January 1997 and after that INS Vikrant served as a museum till 2012. In 2014 INS Vikrant was dismantled and Bajaj decided to buy the metal of it and make Bajaj V from it.
We were excited about the launch of Bajaj V as it was going to be pay tribute to India’s first aircraft carrier. Unfortunately it turned out to be another commuter bike with regular features of 150 CC bike. We hope that in future Bajaj would roll out powerful version of Bajaj V to pay tribute to INS Vikrant.
Interesting Facts About Bajaj V- Bike Made of India’s First Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant Scrap Metal
1. Bajaj V is made of INS Vikrant scrap metal however you would be surprised to know that only tank of this bike is made of this metal.
2. Bajaj V is known as the Invincible V.
3. Bajaj V is powered by a four-stroke 149.5cc DTS-i engine that would produce 12 horsepower at 7,500 rpm and 13 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm.
4. The Price of the bike will be in the range of 60K to 70K, however as of now price is not yet announced.
5. It comes with a 13-litre tank capacity and weighs 135 kilos and mileage would be around 65-70 KMPL.
7. The Bajaj V comes with an18 inch Eurogrip tyre in the front and 16 inch at the rear. Furthermore, the bike will also carry INS Vikrant insignia on the fuel tank which says made from INS Vikrant metal.
8. It comes with removable seat cowl which can turn the V into a two-seater as per your need, as there is seating feature underneath it.
9. For now Bajaj V will be launched with 2 choices: Ebony Black and Pearl White.
10. It Will compete against other 150 CC bikes like Yamaha SZ-RR, Honda CB Unicorn 160, and Hero Achiever.
I was thrilled when I saw the video of Bajaj V as it got a lot of patriotism into me but was a bit disappointed to see the bike. Do let us know what you think about this bike in below comments. Do have a look at below video of Bajaj V.