World cup is over and everyone is waiting for IPL to start. This year IPL is going to host its ninth season and this time it is going to be called Vivo IPL as Vivo is the major sponsor in this IPL. IPL 2016 came up with many surprises and to start with suspension of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals due to match fixing. There were few new teams coming to this season too and they are Gujrat Lions and Rising Pune. IPL 2016 will start on 9 April and will have its last match on 29 May 2016. In total this year there will be there will be 60 matches played, including 56 Group Stage Matches and 4 Play-off Matches.
The title sponsor of IPL 9 season is Vivo phones, official broadcasters are Sony TV and Sony Sixdigital streaming partners are Hot star, official partners are Vodafone, Yes bank, FreeCharge, Maruti Suzuki, Umpire partners as IPLt20.com and strategic timeout partners is Ceat Tyre. The venue of IPL 2016 are Bangalore, Mohali, Hyderabad, Kolkata Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Raipur and Rajkot. Auction has already been done and this time Virat Kohli is the most expensive players in IPL 9 season. Let us have a look at the Top 10 Highest Paid in IPL 2016 Players. We are sure that you must have seen our article on most expensive players in cricket in world.
PLEASE MOVE TO BELOW ARTICLE FOR IPL 2017 LIST
Top 10 Highest Paid in IPL 2017 Players; Most Expensive Players IPL 9
1. Virat Kohli – 15 Crore Rs:
Virat kohli who was man of the tournament in T 20 world cuo 2014 and 2016 is also captain of Royal challengers Bangalore and they have retained him for 12.5 crores and paid more 2.5 crores. What a players he is and he deserved to be at the first spot.
2. MS Dhoni – 12.5 Crore Rs.:
After losing his previous team Chennai Super Kings he is taken by Rising Gaint Pune and he will be getting 12.5 crores. He is also the captain of Indian T 20 team.
3. Shikhar Dhawan – 12.5 Crore Rs.: After getting dropped due to his poor performance Shikhar Dhawan was retained by Sunrisers Hyderabad and he got 12.5 crores. let us see if he comes back to form in IPL 2016.
4. Rohit Sharma – 11.5 Crore Rs.: Remember the superb knock from Rohit Sharma in semifinals of T 20 world cup 2016? Well he would be getting 11.5 crores from Mumbai Indians and Mumbai happens to be his home town too.
5. Gautam Gambhir – 10 Crore Rs.:
Gone are the days when Gautam Gambhir used to play for India. He got whooping 10 crores from Kolkata Knight riders and this seems to be a lot for him.
6. Kieron Pollard – 9.7 Crore Rs: Unable to make his place in winning West Indies team, he would be getting 9.7 crores from Mumbai Indians and we hope that he plays well this time.
7. Suresh Raina – 9.5 Crore Rs.: Suresh Rains is going to get the same amount what he was getting from Chennai Super Kings. He has become captain of Pune team and got 9.5 crores.
8. AB De Villers – 9.5 Crore Rs.:
Every team in IPL wanted to have this guy in their team. He is the rockstar of T 20 format and he was retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore for whooping 9.5 crores.
9. Shane Watson – 9.5 Crore Rs.: This time he would be getting whooping 9.5 crores from Royal challengers Bangalore but its lesser than what he was getting from his previous team Rajasthan Royals.
10. Chris Gayle – 8.4 Crore Rs.:
He was retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore for staggering 8.4 crores and why not, he is the best T 20 opener now. If he gets going then its tough for any team to win on any given day.
Do share this article with your friends on Facebook.