A beautiful landscape, soft breeze and the unending road gets everyone on their nerves. People love long drives either alone or with closed ones. After the hustle and bustle of city life, people need some relaxation and enjoyment in life. Going out on long drives to some countryside is the best feeling ever. It soothes the mind and relaxes the brain. There are a lot many places around Bangalore that have a great scenic view. Bangalore has many places that are perfect to go for a long drive. People sometimes drive out of the city for a picnic or just watch the sunset. Enjoyment is a must in life and going out on long drives just doubles the excitement. Some of the well known places in and around Bangalore for long drives are listed below:
- Nandi Hills: Nandi Hills is basically around 60 km from Bangalore and is a great place to escape from tensions and worries. Car and bike takers come to this place as also people can come to this place on cycles. As this place is not far from Bangalore, it is easy to come to this place. It is best Nandi Hills for one day to just have some peace and quiet. The road to Nandi has less traffic and it is convenient to ride and come here. It is favourable to visit Nandi Hills at any time as wanted. But, people may sometimes try to go before or after the rainy season as it is a hill station and rains may make roads slippery.
- Kabini River: Kabini is a river side and it is an extremely amazing place. The vast stretches of the river is more than what anyone can ask for. The whole area is full of greenery and animals. People experience calm and quietness when they come to this place. Early morning rides to this place can make anyone to fall in love with this place. Kabini River is just 200 km from Bangalore. Roads are quite good which makes travelling exciting. This is a river cabin which just gets better in the Summers.
- Savandurga: A camp site place, Savandurga is around 50 km from Bangalore. A great place for a one day destination. Covered with hills, people can try out many sport activities in this place like hill climbing and also come here for picnic. The drive is smooth and good without any sort of inconvenience.
- Wayanad: Wayanad is a thrilling experience for nature lovers. With hills, river and also coconut trees, Wayanad is loved by one and all. It is a bit long way from Bangalore as it is around 265 km from Bangalore. People pass through the Nagarhole Wildlife Sanctuary when they go to Wayanad. The views are scenic and relaxing. The road journey seems quite romantic. Wanayd is suitable to visit at any time of the year.
- Skandagiri: Skandagiri is a popular hill fortress and it is located at about 70 km from Bangalore. This place is good for a one day visit. People usually visit this place for night trekking as the hills look gorgeous at time. Watching sunset from this location is what makes this place even more interesting. The roads are goods and it may also be a bumpy way. It is best to visit Skandagiri in the winter months as when winter approaches, the hills are covered with snow which looks majestic and just romantic.
- Coorg: Coorg is considered as one of the best hill stations that people love to visit. This place is all beautiful because of hills and exotic flora and also fauna. The greenery makes this place look mesmerising. Coorg also offers many exciting sport activities, like river rafting, trekking, etc. The road journey to Coorg is very delighting and loved by everyone who drives either bikes or cars. Coorg is a great place to visit at any time of the year. There is not a fixed time to visit as Coorg offers unlimited beauty and fun throughout the year.
- Biligiriranga Hills: This location shares its border with Tamilnadu and is also Located in Karnataka. Because of the two regions, the flora and fauna is effected by two different places. This place is famous because of tiger reserve and people who love wildlife come to visit this place often. The Biligiri rangaswamy Sanctuary is famous in this place and loved by one and all. The roads to this place offer a great scenery and they are well connected and in good conditions.
These are some of the heart enthralling places for long drive destinations around Bangalore that can blow anyone’s minds away. Perfect places for relaxing and getting a close contact with Nature.